The Data Interoperability Standards Consortium (DISC) is about a group of people, technology companies, and organizations dedicated to realizing a world where data works for individuals and the many organizations that rely on individual talents.
Our mission is to create a data environment where systems can be successfully designed, built, and grown on common expectations of data. This enables increased interoperability, data ownership, and advancements in analytics. Working towards this mission, there are three main groups who will be the focus: tool providers, professionals who build and design systems, and individual data owners.
Here is what DISC is taking on:
- Defining what it means to be conformant to the xAPI Specification
- Certifying technologies as a third-party to verify their conformance to the xAPI Specification and ensure their interoperability with other DISC-certified technologies
- Defining a body of knowledge for professionals working with xAPI.
- Certifying professionals for their applicable knowledge of working with xAPI.
- Support of working groups and interests, like data sovereignty, security and vocabulary
- Stewarding additional specifications around data interoperability
- Advancing existing specifications and technologies by other organizations
- Defining new specifications and technologies to support interoperability with other specs and tech
- Promoting best practices for data interoperability and data sovereignty.